Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ho Ho Holidays

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. Sometimes time just gets away from you without even realizing it.
I have been so busy this holiday season, cooking, baking, entertaining family, shopping, wrapping gifts, decorating.
I absolutely love my parents' house at Christmas time. All of our decorations are delightfully outdated. My parents aren't really into vintage but everything Christmas-related at are house is from the 50's-70's. The majority of our ornaments are vintage 50's glass ornaments which were hand-me-downs from my grandparents when my parents first got married. So, they've been in use since as long as I can remember and they even have their original paper boxes.
We've got a dopey, vintage, plastic light-up yard Santa and snowman and light-up ceramic Christmas trees. We still top our tree with a cheesey tinsel star. I'm so glad they still make them so that when I have my own family we can have the same.
Plus, this vintage german weinachtspyramide, which is just a tiered nativity with a windmill on top. You'd light candles around it and the heat from the flames would cause the the windmill to spin and make the nativity scene spin as well. When I was a child I thought this was just magical. Magical!


My brother and I circa 1987, visiting with a super sketchy Santa


Not ours, but we have the exact same ceramic tree.



My favourites have always been the kind with the indented tummies.


I hope you all have wonderful holidays filled with delicious food and baked goods and happy memories.


No comments: